How to have a conversation
Connect with others in the HFM Connect community
How to use the conversations feature
Direct conversations are now available on the platform which allow users to send private messages to each other!
- Use our filterable User Directory to find professionals within the industry to connect with
- You can use the search bar to find relevant users
- Or if you're in an Event Room, you can find your fellow Event Attendees under the Members heading
To start a conversation, go to the users profile and click the ‘Start Conversation’ button:
This will take you through to the main conversation page where you will be asked to send your first message to the recipient.
Your recipient will get an email notification saying that they have been invited to join a conversation with you. The conversation will only start once they have accepted this invitation. This means that users are protected and can decline conversations if they wish.
Once your recipient has accepted the conversation then they can reply to you. You can be notified of their response in two ways:
- If you are on HFM Connect, then you will be able to see the in-app notification bell in the top-right. This will 'ring' when you have a new unread message.
- If you are not on the platform then you will receive an email notification that you have unread messages.
There's a setting in your notification preferences page which allows you to opt in/out of conversation notification emails. So make sure you turn those notifications on!
To view all of your conversations, click on your profile icon in the top right corner, and then ‘My conversations’:
Disclaimer: The conversations feature is only available to certain users. If you are a service provider, you can learn more about partnering with us and gaining this ability here.