Video: Supporting Mental Health and promoting wellness in the workplace
HFM Together - Supporting World Mental Health Day | October 7, 2021 Bringing hedge fund leaders together to learn about effective strategies to support mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
As a result of the global pandemic and remote working, employee mental health has become increasingly important to organisations. This panel discussion will bring together experienced experts to discuss how they are alleviating stress within the workplace and how how best to support the health and wellbeing of staff.
- Why should fund managers prioritise mental health? How has the pandemic helped to drive mental health initiatives forward?
- Reducing stigma and creating an open and supportive environment – providing managerial training and increasing accessibility to mental health support.
- Wellbeing initiatives – social activities and exercises.
- Engaging with staff from marginalised communities - the impact of Covid-19 on inequality.
- Holistic strategies - how can managers support staff from different age groups and social backgrounds? Are there any local restrictions in support services that should be addressed?
- Debbie Kleiner, Founder, Wellbeing in Work
- Boura Kym Tomlinson Cann, Global Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, Polar Capital
- Mary Chambers, Professor, Mental Health Nursing & Director, Centre for Public Engagement, Kingston University
- Monica Lakhanpaul, Professor, Integrated Community Child Health, UCL
Natasha Atieno, Co-Chair & Co-Founding Member, The Interagency Diversity and Inclusion Network